dizzler rocks

It’s inevitable that one is drawn to certain web tools and services, whilst missing out on others. I’ve not been quick to latch onto widgets but I came across dizzler.com which gets the social media thing just right for me! Not only does the player look like an iphone (Dear Santa….) it brings music and video searching into one neat unit. I’ve always liked the idea of ‘everything on one stage’ as clicks away from a page are akin to shifting focus. Try it! Search for a song or artist. I’ve found the video search more successful, as more music is available in a video format. It seems to search YouTube and occasionally a video will not play – not sure why, maybe because of settings on YouTube? What a great tool for both presentation in the classroom and online learning. No longer do you have to embed a specific song in a page but ask the learner to search for it, then respond to your question or discussion.

UPDATE I’ve deleted the dizzler player in this post as it auto-plays an audio track which is really annoying!  It doesn’t do the same thing where I’ve embedded it at ccmmusic.ning.com.

One Response to “dizzler rocks”

1.   Teresa Johan Says:

It brings music and video searching into one neat unit. I’ve always liked the idea of ‘everything on one stage’ as clicks away from a page are akin to shifting focus.